Monday, May 14, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - The Marathon Continues...

Hi, all!

After a beautiful Mother's Day weekend, filled with lots of fun and family...


...beautiful weather and a cookout in the back yard, where my t-shirt picnic blanket came in very handy....


...and a truly epic shirt from my husband - he gets me, he really gets me!....

It's time to get back to the real world and finish up some projects this week!  But first, here's how last week's list went...

1.  Quilt as many of the high school quilts as possible, aiming for a minimum of ten.
Well, the quilting marathon is on, and I did quilt ten of the tops last week.  I've got nine left to do this week!





2.  Continue working on the turtle blocks, cutting out the chambray top and bottom borders for each block and attaching them.
Done!  All the blocks are ready, and I'm working on cutting the sashing and cornerstones.


3.  Start assembling the second Christmas in July quilt top.
Slowly but surely, it's coming along.  I made all the HSTs for this quilt this week.  Block construction is next!


4.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately, it was a quiet week, which gave us more time for working on our high school quilts.  No comfort quilts this week!

So all in all, a very good and productive week!  Here's what's on my plate for this week...

1.  Quilt the remaining nine high school quilts.

2.  Work on my denim wedge quilt.  (This is my May scrap attack project and is woefully behind...)

3.  Finish cutting out the sashing and cornerstones for the turtle quilt.

4.  Continue assembling the second Christmas in July quilt.

5.  Keep up with any ministry needs that come up.

I swear, once all these are done, that I will never have this many projects going at the same time!  I am not cut out for this much multi-tasking... But it does keep me from getting bored, as I can switch from project to project as needed!

Oh, and I lucked out today and got a great coupon at Joann's, 70% off quilting fabric!  So I picked up backs for both Christmas in July quilts, my denim quilt, and the turtle quilt, and replenished some of my favorite staples.  $200 worth of fabric for less than $60!  Score!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I think you must hold the current Queen of Joann's Coupons title! I understand the multi-tasking dilemma, too. I'm aces at that at work, but I really thrive on only one or two quilting projects at a time. Otherwise, I lose focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so busy - as always!! I actually have about four projects going on myself right now, which is a lot for me. I usually try to not have more than two going at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure do deserve that shirt...you've earned it. You are a quilting machine yourself! So many beautiful quilts from your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a sewing machine!!!! Beautiful results-nice work getting the quilting done on the so many quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not quite as busy as you. I'm finishing quilting my 4th quilt for my guild and packing for our semi-annual guild retreat this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, it's been a full week for you. I am just working on graduation gifts and whatever takes my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...Superwoman! My Studio-House is under construction, so I HOPE I can get in some sewing between construction time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!