Friday, August 11, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Mixed Bag!

Hi, all!

Friday almost snuck up on me this week - but I'm so glad it didn't!  I've had a lot of fun sewing this week, and I've got some things to whoop about.  Are you ready to join in the fun?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

First of all, I finally finished this quilt...


...and the matching pillows!


I started on my Gypsy Wife quilt. This is the first block, called Color Wheel.  All of these fabrics are from Kate Spain's Latitude batiks.


I put together the first of a pair of baby quilts for my upcoming twin nieces, due in mid September...


...and I started working on drafting a new pattern based on an antique quilt!  This will be for another Free Spirit Fabric project, coming in October.  


I also spent some fun time with my grandkids in this, the last week of summer here, and the beginning of full-time school for the youngest ones! Unbelievably, they start kindergarten next Tuesday!  As a special treat, they will be providing our happy dance today.  
We had a lot of fun jamming to 70's music in the car this week.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



12 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on another finish Sarah. I'm doing Gypsy too, Ive made Colourwheel and I'm nearly finished Perishing, I don't think it's as bad as it's reputation, multiple square in a square with triangle borders and corners. I'm piecing mine so it won't be as perfect as the paper pieced ones but it's the satisfaction that I did it that counts for me. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you manage to get through the amount of work you do. That baby quilt is looking lovely - as well as the finish and the block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gypsy Wife has been on my wishlist ever since I first saw one. I love the antique pattern you are recreating! And that is just about the cutest Whoop you've ever shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baby quilt and the new pattern draft looks amazing and the quilt and the pillows! Wow so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dizzy from all your doings!! Love that baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby quilt is darling. Can't wait to see your new design. Wow! They grow up fast. Kindergarten already?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt.
    I can not ever get my blog site to post to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sarah -- you did ALL of that this week?! I made a block... ;-) I really love your baby quilt top, and that antique reproduction is going to be stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarah your grands continue to grow to fast! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby quilt is gorgeous and love the cushions too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Sarah! I want to make that antique quilt! Keep us posted on your progress with the pattern. Scrappy repro medallions are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!