Friday, August 12, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Going For The Gold!

Hi, all!

It's Friday again - can you believe it?  And you know what that means... it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Have you been crafting while watching the Olympics this week?  I always get a lot of crafting and/or blogging done while watching tv, so it's been a good week for me - I've visited tons of blogs and done some pattern designing, too!  So let's get to it, and see what everyone's whooping about this week!

I have a fun quilt to share today...


I was really hoping for some sunshine, but no luck today - so these are the best shots I could get!  


This is a simple postage stamp quilt - 2" finished squares, and the final quilt measures about 60" x 80".


I used fabrics from Bee Creative by Deb Strain and other fabrics from Modern Background Paper by Zen Chic in this quilt, along with a couple of random text prints from my stash.  One of the text prints had a touch of light blue in it, and I debated taking it out, but I am so glad I left it in - those little pops of light blue are so pretty in there!  All the fabric came from my stash, so this is another one for Sew My Stash 2016....


The quilting is straight line cross-hatch, simple and easy.  Well, easy if you don't count pushing this heavy thing through the machine throat!


This quilt is for some soon-to-be-newlyweds - I think it's a nice blend of "his and hers" - soft neutral colors, kind of vintage-y looking, and straight line quilting instead of swirls for a little more masculine touch.


Quilts are always so nice and crinkly after their first washing, aren't they?  That's the best time with a new quilt!


In search of the perfect "artfully draped" shot - unfortunately, I'm still searching!  Just can't get that one right...


...but I do love the way the light caught in this particular picture!

I'm really excited about giving this one away this weekend - I can't wait to see the bride's face when she opens it up.  I hope she loves it as much as I do!

And Thursday I did a little bit of pattern drafting for an upcoming (secret for now) project - but I thought I'd better check my math out  to be sure it will work like I want it to.  So I pulled out some Christmas fabrics to test it with and cut out the pieces - and it turns out I'm not math-stupid after all!  This is only half of the circle, but it's a true half-circle - woohoo!!!  I love it when a plan comes together!  


And one other thing I'm whooping about this week - I met my own challenge from last week and visited everyone's link-up and responded to all the comments I received - at least, all the ones that weren't no-reply bloggers!  So if you commented but didn't hear back from me, leave your email address this week!  I really want to respond if I can....

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?


What's got you dancing a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you - 
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



25 comments:

  1. Been watching this quilt progress and so excited to see it in it's finished state. It just glows! Wonderful wedding gift - and if they don't like it, you can send it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this quilt turned out. I watched its progress on IG. The finish is fantastic! even with no sunshine. Thanks for the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that postage stamp is lovely to the max!! what a great gift that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the postage stamp quilt is really gorgeous. 'Love the bit of blue in the one fabric. It's for sure the couple will love and cherish this quilt. I deleted my other post, as it contained a big grammatical error, lol. 'Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is as charming as whispers, I love it! The golden tones give warmth to the greys and the blue and balance it all perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ps. I just ordered some neat fabrics from your Craftsy button so I hope that you get credit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too watch the Olympics and do not get as much hand quilting done at that but a lot done on hexies

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your postage stamp quilt, very elegant. I've started one too but mine is resting at the moment in a box. Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful quilt!!! It must have taken a long time with those tiny 2" squares. The colours are lovely - the little touches of blue look great with the browns and greys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects, Sarah! Thank you for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the bee fabric, and the splash of blue is lovely.I am looking forward to seeing the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gift quilt is so lovely! It is going to be cherished. Strong work with all you got done this week. Your efforts in blogging are enjoyed and appreciated too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you left the bits of blue in the postage stamp quilt. It just sparkles! And the straight line quilting is just exactly right for it, even though it was a bear to push through the machine. I'm sure the newlyweds will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the soft colors of your wedding gift, and especially the way the blue brings out the other colors, which remind me of honey (which I guess is the whole point of Bee Creative!) The quilt looks so cuddly--and your photos are lovely. I like the Christmas version of your secret project, too. I hope you finish it because it would be a shame for those cute houses and candy canes to lie in a drawer somewhere while you finish the "real" project. Thanks for the link-up. I'm impressed that you were able to read and respond to all the comments. That's commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fine finish. I too love the bits of blue and yellow like sunshine and blue skies.
    I really need to make a tree skirt. Love how yours is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great quilt. I agree, those bits of blue uplift the feeling of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous postage stamp finish! Love the low volume colors... I miss "The Curious Quilter"'s square swaps...I am still working on my leftover 2.5" squares...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your postage stamp quilt is lovely!! I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely soft quilt, and good that you left the blue in - it's does give it an extra pop. And I'm with you on searching for the best way to drape a quilt! I give marketing people a ton of credit to do it well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful quilt! I bet that took a long time to sew. The pops of blue do make the quilt more interesting. This might be the first time I've linked to your party. Thanks for hosting. kthurn (at) bektel (dot)com Just in case as I've been told sometimes I'm coming up as a no-reply.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colours are great in your postage stamp quilt. But 2" squares? That's a lot of squares to piece.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice quilt to give to newly weds. Yes met your goal with that. I spent two days on road trip with my husband to shop for row by row blocks. 13 shops visited. Many for the first time and it was nice to see the shops again that I had visited in the past. Now to fold and put away the fabric that also came home with me. I sure had a great time looking at all the different items in each shop.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I did finish my FMQing and put on the binding and even washed the quilt. It's now ready to be donated to my guild later this year.
    I love your postage stamp quilt. It must have taken some time to sew up those blocks.

    anndunn24(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great finish! The colors are fantastic and perfect for a wedding gift. Thanks for linking it up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!