Monday, December 24, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - The Finish Line!!


Hi, all!

Well, it's Christmas Eve as I write this, and I'm very happy to say that I'm not sitting at the sewing machine!!  Everything is finished,  wrapped and under the tree - we're all ready for Christmas morning!

Let's see how last week's list went...


1.  Bind the third ministry quilt.
Done!  This was a pretty one...


2.  Quilt Emmy's quilt.
Done!!  I even did a little hand quilting on this...


3.  Quilt the gift quilt.
Done!  I'll tell you more about this quilt on Friday...


4.  Finish piecing another gift quilt.
5.  Quilt that second gift quilt.
Done!  But I can't show pictures of this quilt yet...

6.  Quilt a wall hanging.
I didn't get to this one - but will use it for a slightly later gift need...

7.  Finish Lilli's nightgown.
Done!  But I don't have any pictures yet - I hope she'll try it on for me tomorrow morning so I can get a picture!

In addition to all of those things above, I quilted another ministry quilt for a woman who has just been diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer.  That quilt was delivered this morning!

And now, for this week's list...

1.  Finish the upholstery project for my friend.
(This is an absolutely "must do" - no more putting it off!)

2.  Make a quilt for a 10-year old girl with a tumor on her spine.

3.  Finish that wall hanging!

That's all I'm going to put on the list for this week, because I've GOT to finish that upholstery project - it's been hanging on for entirely too long!  

And I don't know about you, but I have a feeling there are some fun things under the tree for me - I may have a whole new list of bucket projects after opening packages tomorrow morning!!

So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs, and have a wonderful Christmas!!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Sarah, merry Christmas! I enjoy your blog so much! What great work you and your friends accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the quilts, but Em's is just so fun! I have one JR quilt to finish quilting (my last UFO) and my big quilt is all packaged for the long armer. I am cleaning out - have a box going to send off to you and another box of triangles, HSTs, and mini blocks are heading to Jo. Yes, clearing out what I just feel I will not get to in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't figure out why you were having Make-a-List Monday!! Duh! I've lost track of the days.

    Merry Christmas!
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Santa is good to you as you have been so good to others. I LOVE Emmy's quilt. Looking forward to hearing the stories behind the other quilts. Have a GREAT day tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, dear Sarah. You do so much good things for others.
    I love your gift quilt. So many fun blocks and fun colors.
    Just finished up Christmas projects, a run of pot holders and Star Wars pillow cases, a quilt, heating pad cover. Now to finish up some Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects and work on East Street parts 4 and 5.
    Looking forward to 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Sarah. This week is all about packing and traveling to see our Chrissy and her family.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!